Have you ever been asked a question that forced you to pause and truly think about the answer?
That happened to me recently during a Facebook Live where someone asked: What do you wish you would have done sooner?
*Talk about food for thought, am I right?*
I could have answered in a variety of ways.
- I could say I wish I dropped out of law school sooner.
- I could say I wish I had started my business sooner.
- I could say I wish I had invested sooner.
I could say all of those things, but I won’t.
You won’t hear me say a single one of them, because I truly believe that it has all happened in the perfect timing.
- Had I not gone to law school, I might not have had a reckoning about what I truly want in life.
- Had I started my business earlier, I might not have met the same people or learned the same lessons.
- Had I asked for investments in a different capacity, my business might not be the one I am so proud of today.
Even now, I have moments where I get it wrong.
- There are times when I think about how stupid I must have sounded in a meeting or on a Live.
- There are times I need to make adjustments in business, but I don’t even know where to start.
- There are times I’ve pitched my company and then been ghosted.
But still, at the end of the day, I’m not going to waste any time or energy thinking about a pretend or alternative universe.
*And Buttercup, you shouldn’t either.*
I believe that we should release the fear of failure and of doing things wrong.
>>Because there are no mistakes, just lessons and learning opportunities.<<
For many years in my career, I would beat myself up for mistakes I didn’t even know I was making.
But now? Now I refuse to live in a place of regret.
Because those mistakes are exactly what has helped me become the person I am, with the business I have, and a mission I believe in.
Those mistakes were never really mistakes at all.
Instead, I can see them now as the growing pains that they were.
Now I choose to lean into the discomfort of not knowing or doing it wrong, because that is exactly what will get me to where I need to be.
And friend, I want the same for you.
If you find yourself struggling with feelings of regret or inadequacy, I’d love to send you my free Mindset Makeover Workbook that will help you set things straight. Download it >>HERE<< and start reframing those negative thoughts into something positive. I can’t wait for you to feel that freedom, friend.